Top five holiday destinations in SeptemberSeptember 3, 2013 4:13 pm
The passing of August might appear to herald the end of summer. Especially one in which we have been spoilt with the weather, and so it could be argued that the arrival of September this year is a little depressing, particularly when we think about the serious lack of sunshine, post-holiday blues and the arrival of the autumn/ winter collection in the shops making the end of the sunny season even more of a reality.
But don’t believe a word of it! Often there is no definitive time to go somewhere, and September is often underestimated as being a good time to go on holiday as there is an abundance of places, sporting not only sunny beaches, but spectacular cities and incredible culture, all just waiting to be explored. The best thing about this time of year is that the crowds disappear and prices fall dramatically, as do traffic jams and queues to get a table in a restaurant. Everyone suddenly seems pleased to see you again and in reality it couldn’t be more ideal.
We have come up with five must see destinations for September and it’s not too late to book, so what are you waiting for?
- If you are looking to fill the gap with a last blast of sunshine before the chilly winter months kick in, we recommend the Med, and particularly Costa de la Luz in the south-west corner of Spain. Or perhaps the sleepy Greek island of Paxos- with stunning beaches and sky high temperatures as well as beautiful towns to explore. Either way, you are guaranteed a spectacular week.
- If a big party blow out is what you are looking for, you simply cannot beat a week in Ibiza. This party island doesn’t only provide some of the best nightlife (and weather!) in the world, but also beautiful rural countryside and great villas.
- For stunning white walled villas, the Greek Island of Crete is beautiful in September- temperatures average over 30 degrees Celsius. Crete also offers super healthy yoga retreats- if you are looking for a detoxifying trip.
- For an exciting city break, Venice is wonderful in September once the summer crowds have started to disperse, allowing you to soak up the incredible culture and take in a gondola cruise.
- For a slightly longer haul holiday, it is an excellent time to visit Peru where you can hike the Inca Trail, visit the Lost City of Machu Picchu, take in the beauty of the Andes mountain range and delve into the Amazon rainforest. Need I say more?
Let us know your top September destinations!
Categorised in: News
This post was written by Kayleigh Driscoll