Making International Money Transfers in Swiss Francs
FTT Global offers a competitive exchange rate that is better than your bank’s rate. Plus, we offer a simple, speedy online service and our expert, friendly support team is here for you 24/7 should you need any help. Register with FTT today and convert or transfer your money immediately.
Sign Fr or SFr / Code CHF
Do you need to make or receive Swiss Franc payments or transfer Swiss Franc between accounts? We can help, and save you money.
About the Swiss Franc
The Franc is the currency and legal tender of Switzerland and Liechtenstein, as well as legal tender in the Italian exclave Campione d’Italia.
The Swiss Franc is known as a “hard currency” due to remaining very stable since fiscal laws required a 40 percent gold cover for currency in circulation. This has since made Swiss banks more attractive to international investors.
In the first half of the nineteenth century, the Swiss franc was unregulated and was considered to be a highly variable and complicated currency. Until 1859, Switzerland had 75 different entities and 25 cantons, all of which produced their own individual coins.
After 1850, Swiss currency was regulated by the Swiss Federal Constitution. The introduction of the Swiss Federal Constitution and the Federal Coinage Act ensured that only the federal government could distribute currency. This helped secure the Franc as the only nationally recognised currency.
- In 1907 the first Swiss banknotes were printed. Since then, eight different series of banknotes have been distributed featuring the four national languages of Switzerland: German, Romansh, French and Italian.
- Coins are issued in denominations of 5, 10 and 20 Rappen and ½, 1, 2 and 5 Francs. The banknotes are issued in denominations of 10, 20, 50, 100, 200 and 1,000 Francs.
Our most popular CHF Money Transfers
At FTT Global we accommodate international money transfers in over 30 different foreign currencies. The Swiss Franc is one of our most popular currency exchanges with the following transfers accounting for many of these trades.
- Swiss Franc to Pounds Sterling
- Swiss Franc to USA Dollar
- Swiss Franc to Euro
- Swiss Franc to Japanese Yen
- Swiss Franc to Thai Baht
- Swiss Franc to Canadian Dollar
- Swiss Franc to Singapore Dollar
- Swiss Franc to New Zealand Dollar
- Swiss Franc to Philippine Peso
- Swiss Franc to Indian Rupees