Making International Money Transfers in Sri Lankan Rupees
FTT Global offers a competitive exchange rate that is better than your bank’s rate. Plus, we offer a simple, speedy online service and our expert, friendly support team is here for you 24/7 should you need any help. Register with FTT today and convert or transfer your money immediately.
Signs ₨ SLRs/code LKR
Do you need to make or receive Sri Lankan Rupee payments or transfer Sri Lankan Rupees between accounts? We can help, and save you money.
About the Sri Lankan Rupee
The Sri Lankan Rupee is the currency of Sri Lanka which is issued by the Central Bank of Sri Lanka. The currency is subdivided into 100 cents and is unique in that it is the only currency that is printed vertically on the back.
The import of Pakistani and Indian currency is restricted in Sri Lanka and the maximum import and export of the local currency is 1000 rupees. All other foreign currency imports are allowed, however any amount over 5000 US Dollars must be declared.
- Coins are issued in denominations of ₨1, ₨2, ₨5, ₨10 as well as 1, 2, 5, 10, 25, 50 cents which are rarely used and the banknotes in denominations of ₨10, ₨20, ₨50, ₨100, ₨500, ₨1000, ₨2000 and ₨5000
Our most popular LKR Money Transfers
At FTT Global we accommodate international money transfers in over 30 different foreign currencies. The Sri Lankan Rupee is one of our most popular currency exchanges with the following transfers accounting for many of these trades.
- Sri Lankan Rupee to Pounds Sterling
- Sri Lankan Rupee to USA Dollar
- Sri Lankan Rupee to Euro
- Sri Lankan Rupee to Japanese Yen
- Sri Lankan Rupee to Thai Baht
- Sri Lankan Rupee to Canadian Dollar
- Sri Lankan Rupee to Singapore Dollar
- Sri Lankan Rupee to New Zealand Dollar
- Sri Lankan Rupee to Philippine Peso
- Sri Lankan Rupee to Indian Rupees