Making International Money Transfers in Singapore Dollars
FTT Global can help save you money by offering a competitive exchange rate on your international payment or money transfer which is better than your bank’s rate. In addition, we offer you a speedy, simple online service with no hidden fees and our expert support team is here to offer you help 24/7. Register an FTT account today and convert or transfer your money immediately.
Sign $ / Code SGD
Do you need to make or receive payments in Singapore Dollars or transfer Singapore Dollars between accounts? We can make this money transfer simple and most importantly we can save you money.
About the Singapore Dollar
The Singapore Dollar (SGD) is the official currency of Singapore. It is often referred to as “S$” to distinguish it from other Dollar denominated currencies.
Between 1845 and 1953 the currency of Singapore fluctuated from the Straits Dollar to the the Malayan Dollar, followed by the Malaya and British Borneo Dollar. In 1965 Singapore became an independent nation known as the Republic of Singapore and the new currency, the Singapore Dollar, was introduced in 1967.
In the same year, the first series of coins and banknotes were produced. Since then the original coins and notes were replaced, and in 1999 the 1 and 500 Dollar denominations were omitted. The current Singapore Dollar banknotes feature the face of Yusof Bin Ishak, the first president of the Republic of Singapore on the obverse, and the reverse depicts a feature of civic virtue.
- The banknotes issued in denominations of $2, $5, $10, $50, $100 and $1,000. Notes are also available in denominations of $20, $25 and $10,000 though these are rarely used.
- Coins are issued in denominations of 5, 10, 20, 50 cents and $1 as well as a 1 cent coin which is no longer issued but is still usable.
- The most popular Singapore Dollar exchange rate is the INR to SGD rate.
Our most popular SGD Money Transfers
At FTT Global we accommodate international money transfers in over 30 different foreign currencies. The Singapore Dollar is one of our most popular currency exchanges with the following transfers accounting for many of these trades.
- Singapore Dollar to Pounds Sterling
- Singapore Dollar to USA Dollar
- Singapore Dollar to Euro
- Singapore Dollar to Japanese Yen
- Singapore Dollar to Thai Baht
- Singapore Dollar to Canadian Dollar
- Singapore Dollar to New Zealand Dollar
- Singapore Dollar to Philippine Peso
- Singapore Dollar to Indian Rupees