Making International Money Transfers in Polish Zloty
FTT Global offers a competitive exchange rate that is better than your bank’s rate. Plus, we offer a simple, speedy online service and our expert, friendly support team is here for you 24/7 should you need any help. Register with us today and convert or transfer your money instantly.
Sign zł / Code PLN
Do you need to make or receive Polish Zloty payments or transfer Polish Zloty between accounts? Save time and money with FTT.
About the Polish Zloty
The Polish Zloty is the official currency of Poland.
The term Zloty means “golden” in Polish. The Zloty is a traditional Polish currency unit dating back to the Middle Ages with the name being used for all kinds of foreign gold coins used in Poland. It was later, in 1496, that the creation of the Zloty currency was approved.
When the new Polish Zloty was introduced on 1 January 1995 as a result of the re-denomination of the old currency, it kept the old name. Conditions of Poland’s accession to the European Union in May 2004, obliged the country to eventually adopt the Euro. No date has been set for Poland’s transition to the Euro as it will not be possible until certain stability criteria is met. The country has continued serious discussions regarding joining the Eurozone, however the last public opinion research by CBOS from March 2011 shows that 60% of Poles are against changing the PLN. Only 32 % of Poles are in favour, compared to 41% (as of April 2010).
- The most popular Polish Zloty exchange rate is the EUR to PLN rate.
- Coins are issued in denominations of 1, 2, 5, 10, 20 and 50 gr, and 1, 2 and 5 zł and the banknotes in denominations of 10, 20, 50, 100 and 200 zł.
Our most popular PLN Money Transfers
At FTT Global we accommodate international money transfers in over 30 different foreign currencies. The Polish Zloty is one of our most popular currency exchanges with the following transfers accounting for many of these trades.
- Polish Zloty to Pounds Sterling
- Polish Zloty to USA Dollar
- Polish Zloty to Euro
- Polish Zloty to Japanese Yen
- Polish Zloty to Thai Baht
- Polish Zloty to Canadian Dollar
- Polish Zloty to Singapore Dollar
- Polish Zloty to New Zealand Dollar
- Polish Zloty to Philippine Peso
- Polish Zloty to Indian Rupees