Making International Money Transfers in Norwegian Krone
FTT Global offers you a better rate than your bank by providing you with a competitive live exchange rate. Plus, we offer a simple, speedy online service and our expert, friendly support team is here for you 24/7 should you need any help. Register an FTT account today and convert or transfer your money instantly.
Sign kr / Code NOK
Do you need to make or receive Norwegian Krone payments or transfer Norwegian Krone between accounts? We can help, and save you money. We can help save you time and money as international transfers with FTT Global usually save you 4% compared with your bank.
About the Norwegian Krone
The Norwegian Krone (NOK) has been the official currency of Norway and its dependent territories since it was introduced in 1875 replacing the Norwegian Speciedaler.
During the German occupation in the Second World War, the Krone was pegged to the Reichsmark initially at a rate of 1 Krone = 0.6 Reichsmark and later reduced to 0.57. Following the war in 1949, a rate of 20 Krone = 1 Pound was established and maintained even when the Pound devalued relative to the US Dollar leading a rate of 7.142 Krone = 1 U.S. Dollar.
Due to heavy speculation against Norwegian currency in the early 1990s, defensive purchases of the NOK over a short period of time resulted in the loss of around two billion kroner from the Norwegian Central Bank.The Central Bank of Norway abandoned the fixed exchange rate in favour of a floating exchange rate in December 1992. The Norwegian Krone has since become the thirteenth most traded currency in the world.
The current cost of a bottle of beer in Norway is NOK 55-60 and a budget hotel room for two cost NOK 800 (just over £80). A cinema ticket would set you back NOK 100 and a loaf of bread would cost you between NOK 20-30.
- The banknotes in denominations of 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000 kr.
- Coins are issued in denominations of 1, 5, 10, 20 kr
- Due to oil prices and interest rates, the value of Norwegian Krone varies considerably compared to other currencies from one year to another.
Our most popular NOK Money Transfers
At FTT Global we accommodate international money transfers in over 30 different foreign currencies. The Norwegian Krone is one of our most popular currency exchanges with the following transfers accounting for many of these trades.
- Norwegian Krone to Pounds Sterling
- Norwegian Krone to USA Dollar
- Norwegian Krone to Euro
- Norwegian Krone to Japanese Yen
- Norwegian Krone to Thai Baht
- Norwegian Krone to Canadian Dollar
- Norwegian Krone to Singapore Dollar
- Norwegian Krone to New Zealand Dollar
- Norwegian Krone to Philippine Peso
- Norwegian Krone to Indian Rupees