Making International Money Transfers in New Zealand Dollars
FTT Global offers a competitive exchange rate that is better than your bank’s rate. Plus we offer a simple, speedy online service and our expert, friendly support team is here for you 24/7 should you need any help. Register with FTT today and instantly convert or transfer your money.
Sign $ / Code NZD
Do you need to make or receive New Zealand Dollar payments or transfer New Zealand Dollars between accounts? We can help, and save you money.
About the New Zealand Dollar
The New Zealand dollar is the official currency of New Zealand. It also circulates the Cook Islands, Niue, Tokelau and the Pitcairn Islands. It is one of the ten most traded currencies in the world.
Prior to the introduction of the Dollar, New Zealand used the New Zealand Pound, which was not part of a decimal system. While proposals had been around since the 1930s, it wasn’t until a committee was set up by the government in 1957 that plans to switch to decimal currency fell on fertile ground. In 1963 the government decided to decimalize New Zealand currency. The act was passed in 1964, setting a date of transition to 10 July 1967, a day now known as “decimal currency day”. The Dollar then replaced the New Zealand Pound at a rate of two Dollars to one Pound.
The word “Kiwi” was proposed to avoid confusion with the word “Dollar” as Kiwis are commonly associated with New Zealand and the $1 coin depicts a Kiwi bird. This was because many people at the time associated the word “Dollar” primarily with the United States Dollar. In the end the word “Dollar” was chosen regardless.
- Coins are issued in denominations of 10c, 20c, 50c, $1, $2 and the banknotes in denominations of $5, $10, $20, $50, $100.
- The most popular New Zealand Dollar exchange rate is the NZD to USD rate.
Our most popular NZD Money Transfers
At FTT Global we accommodate international money transfers in over 30 different foreign currencies. The New Zealand Dollar is one of our most popular currency exchanges with the following transfers accounting for many of these trades.
- New Zealand Dollar to Pounds Sterling
- New Zealand Dollar to USA Dollar
- New Zealand Dollar to Euro
- New Zealand Dollar to Japanese Yen
- New Zealand Dollar to Thai Baht
- New Zealand Dollar to Canadian Dollar
- New Zealand Dollar to Singapore Dollar
- New Zealand Dollar to Philippine Peso
- New Zealand Dollar to Indian Rupees