Making International Money Transfers in Mexican Pesos
FTT Global offers a competitive exchange rate that is better than your bank’s rate. Plus, we offer a simple, speedy online service and our expert, friendly support team is here for you 24/7 should you need any help. Register with FTT today and convert or transfer your money immediately.
Sign $ / Code MXN
Do you need to make or receive Mexican Peso payments or transfer Mexican Pesos between accounts? We can help, and save you money.
About the Mexican Peso
The Mexican Peso is the official currency of Mexico and is one of the oldest currencies in North America. It was the first currency to use an exact weight and a distinct border to protect against counterfeits, which made it very popular.
The Peso became the official currency system for all of North America, including the United States, in July 1785. When the United States Dollar was introduced in April 1792, it was based on the Peso with the exchange rate of 1 Dollar to 1 Peso. It wasn’t until the late 1850’s that the Peso was no longer accepted in the United States and Canada.
Prior to an oil crisis in the late 1970s, the Mexican Peso was very stable. In the years following the oil crisis, inflation and devaluation resulted in the introduction of the Nuevo Peso. The Nuevo Peso replaced the Peso in 1993. The Nuevo was then dropped the same year from both the name and the notes and Mexico returned to use of the Peso.
- The Mexican Peso is currently the 12th most traded currency in the world.
- Coins are issued in denominations of 10¢, 20¢, 50¢, $1, $2, $5, $10, they also come in denominations of 5¢, $20, $50, $100 but these are rarely used. The banknotes are issued in denominations of $20, $50, $100, $200, $500 and $1000 although the $1000 banknote is rarely used.
Our most popular MXN Money Transfers
At FTT Global we accommodate international money transfers in over 30 different foreign currencies. The Mexican Peso is one of our most popular currency exchanges with the following transfers accounting for many of these trades.
- Mexican Peso to Pounds Sterling
- Mexican Peso to USA Dollar
- Mexican Peso to Euro
- Mexican Peso to Japanese Yen
- Mexican Peso to Thai Baht
- Mexican Peso to Canadian Dollar
- Mexican Peso to Singapore Dollar
- Mexican Peso to New Zealand Dollar
- Mexican Peso to Philippine Peso
- Mexican Peso to Indian Rupees