Making Money Transfers in Japanese Yen
FTT Global offers a competitive exchange rate that is better than your bank’s rate. Plus, we offer a simple, speedy online service and our expert, friendly support team is here for you 24/7 should you need any help. Register with FTT today and convert or transfer your money instantly.
Sign ¥ / Code JPY
Do you need to make or receive Japanese Yen payments or transfer Japanese Yen between accounts? We can help, and save you money.
About the Japanese Yen
The Japanese Yen is the official currency of Japan and was introduced in 1872 as part of the modernization of the Japanese currency system. It has since become the third most traded currency in the foreign exchange market.
The value of the yen was originally linked directly to that of gold, but following World War Two, due to extensive devaluation, the Bretton Woods system linked the Yen to the US Dollar. In the early 1970’s the US started to abandon strict adherence to the gold standard allowing the Yen to float in 1973. This was followed by the Japanese Government maintaining a currency intervention policy and the Yen is therefore under a system of floating exchange rates.
Today, the Japanese government focuses on a competitive export market, and tries to ensure a low Yen value and the Bank of Japan maintains a policy of zero to near zero interest rates.
- The word Yen means “round object” in Japanese.
- Coins are issued in denominations of ¥1, ¥5, ¥10, ¥50, ¥100, and ¥500. Banknotes are issued in denominations of ¥1,000, ¥2,000, ¥5,000 and ¥10,000.
Our most popular JPY Money Transfers
At FTT Global we accommodate international money transfers in over 30 different foreign currencies. The Japanese Yen is one of our most popular currency exchanges with the following transfers accounting for many of these trades.
- Japanese Yen to Pounds Sterling
- Japanese Yen to USA Dollar
- Japanese Yen to Euro
- Japanese Yen to Thai Baht
- Japanese Yen to Canadian Dollar
- Japanese Yen to Singapore Dollar
- Japanese Yen to New Zealand Dollar
- Japanese Yen to Philippine Peso
- Japanese Yen to Indian Rupees