International Payments or Transfers in Israeli Shekel
FTT Global offers a competitive exchange rate that is better than your bank’s rate. Plus we offer a simple, speedy service with our friendly Support Team available 24/7 should you need any help. Register with FTT today and convert or transfer your money instantly.
Sign ₪ / code ILS
Do you need to make or receive Israeli Shekel payments or transfer Israeli Shekel between accounts? We can help, and save you money.
About the Israeli Shekel
The Israeli Shekel is the official currency of Israel which was introduced as a new currency on 1 January 1986 replacing the old Shekel, which was in usage between 24 February 1980 and 31 December 1985.
During the early 1960s and accelerating from the mid-1970s onwards, the old Shekel experienced devaluations against the US Dollar and many other foreign currencies frequently, resulting in the new Shekel’s introduction in 1986.
Since the introduction of the new Shekel and the 1980’s economic crisis, the government and Bank of Israel have maintained careful and conservative fiscal and monetary policies resulting in the Israeli economy becoming much more competitive.
- Coins are issued in denominations of 10 agorot, ½, 1, 2, 5 and 10 new shkalim. The banknotes are issued in denominations of 20, 50, 100 and 200 new shkalim.
- The name “shekel” was derived from an ancient unit of weight that amounts to approximately one ounce or 12 grams.
Our most popular ILS Money Transfers
At FTT Global we accommodate international money transfers in over 30 different foreign currencies. The Israeli Shekel is one of our most popular currency exchanges with the following transfers accounting for many of these trades.
- Israeli Shekel to Pounds Sterling
- Israeli Shekel to USA Dollar
- Israeli Shekel to Euro
- Israeli Shekel to Japanese Yen
- Israeli Shekel to Thai Baht
- Israeli Shekel to Canadian Dollar
- Israeli Shekel to Singapore Dollar
- Israeli Shekel to New Zealand Dollar
- Israeli Shekel to Philippine Peso
- Israeli Shekel to Indian Rupees