Making Money Transfers in Hungarian Forint
FTT Global offers a competitive exchange rate that is better than your bank’s rate. Plus, we offer a simple, speedy online service and our expert, friendly support team is here for you 24/7 should you need any help. Register with FTT today and convert or transfer your money instantly.
Sign Ft / Code HUF
Do you need to make or receive Hungarian Forint payments or transfer Hungarian Forint between accounts? We can help, and save you money.
About the Hungarian Forint
Hungarian Forint is currently the official currency of Hungary. However, as Hungary is a member of the European Union, the Hungarian Government has a long term aim to replace the Forint with the Euro.
The Hungarian Forint was introduced on 1 August 1946. Its introduction was a crucial step to the post World War Two stabilization of the Hungarian economy. The Forint remained stable for several years after its introduction in 1946, but it suffered a loss of purchasing power during the 1970’s and 1980’s as the state-socialist economic system lost its competitiveness.
The Forint saw yearly inflation figures of approximately 35% for three years following the democratic change of 1989 to 1990, but significant market economy reforms helped to stabilize it. Since 2000, the Forint has benefited from relatively high value, which has greatly benefited Hungary’s strongly export-orientated industry.
- Coins are issued in denominations of 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 and 200 Forint and the banknotes in denominations of 500, 1000, 2000, 5000, 10,000 and 20,000 Forint.
- The forint’s name comes from the city of Florence, where golden coins were minted from 1252 called fiorino d’oro.
Our most popular HUF Money Transfers
At FTT Global we accommodate international money transfers in over 30 different foreign currencies. The Hungarian Forint is one of our most popular currency exchanges with the following transfers accounting for many of these trades.
- Hungarian Forint to Pounds Sterling
- Hungarian Forint to USA Dollar
- Hungarian Forint to Euro
- Hungarian Forint to Japanese Yen
- Hungarian Forint to Thai Baht
- Hungarian Forint to Canadian Dollar
- Hungarian Forint to Singapore Dollar
- Hungarian Forint to New Zealand Dollar
- Hungarian Forint to Philippine Peso
- Hungarian Forint to Indian Rupees