International Payments or Transfers in East Caribbean Dollars
FTT Global offers a competitive exchange rate that is better than your bank’s rate. Plus, we offer a simple, speedy online service and our expert, friendly support team is here for you 24/7 should you need any help. Register with FTT today and convert or transfer your money instantly.
Sign $ / Code XCD
Do you need to make or receive East Caribbean Dollar payments or transfer East Caribbean Dollars between accounts? We can help, and save you money.
About the East Caribbean Dollar
The East Caribbean Dollar came into existence in 1965 and is the official currency of eight of nine members of the Organization of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS).
Of the members, six are independent, these include: Antigua and Barbuda, Dominica, Grenada, St Lucia, St Kitts & Nevis, and Saint Vincent & The Grenadines.
The other two are British overseas territories: Anguilla and Montserrat. These states are all members of the Eastern Caribbean Currency Union.
The British Virgin Island is the only OECS member not currently using the East Caribbean Dollar as its official currency; it uses United States Dollar (USD) instead.
The Eastern Caribbean Currency Authority issued banknotes in 1965 in denominations of 1, 5, 20 and 100 Dollars. The first banknote issued in the name of the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank in 1985 were of the same denominations, with the addition of 10 Dollar notes. The last 1 Dollar notes were issued in 1989 and 50 Dollar notes were introduced in 1993.
- The most popular East Caribbean Dollar exchange rate is the XCD to USD rate.
- It is abbreviated with the Dollar sign $, or EC$ to distinguish it from other Dollar-denominated currencies.
Our most popular XCD Money Transfers
At FTT Global we accommodate international money transfers in over 30 different foreign currencies. The East Caribbean Dollar is one of our most popular currency exchanges with the following transfers accounting for many of these trades.
- East Caribbean Dollar to Pounds Sterling
- East Caribbean Dollar to USA Dollar
- East Caribbean Dollar to Euro
- East Caribbean Dollar to Japanese Yen
- East Caribbean Dollar to Thai Baht
- East Caribbean Dollar to Canadian Dollar
- East Caribbean Dollar to Singapore Dollar
- East Caribbean Dollar to New Zealand Dollar
- East Caribbean Dollar to Philippine Peso
- East Caribbean Dollar to Indian Rupees