International Payments or Transfers in Danish Krone
FTT Global offers a competitive exchange rate on your money transfers and international payments that is better than your bank’s rate. Plus, we offer a simple, speedy online service, with no hidden fees and our expert, friendly support team is here for you 24/7 should you need any help. Register with FTT today and convert or transfer your money immediately. Any questions along the way then please contact us.
Sign Kr / Code DKK
Do you need to transfer Danish Krone between accounts or make or receive Danish Krone payments? We can help you save time and money by offering you the best live rate available right now.
About the Danish Krone
The Danish Krone (DKK) has been the official currency of Denmark, Greenland and the Faroe Islands, since 1 January 1875. We sometimes refer to the currency as the Danish crown because in English krone literally means crown.
‘Rigsdaler’ was the previous official currency of Denmark and came into existence in 1625, , however due to the Rigsdaler’s complex rate regime, the Scandinavian Monetary Union put an end to the currency by introducing the Krone in Denmark in the late 1800s. The Krone then joined the gold standard with a fixed exchange rate of 2480 Krone equal to 1 kilogram of fine quality gold.
From 1940 to 1945 during the German occupation, the Krone was pegged to the German Reichsmark. Later, the Krone was pegged to the British Pound and the US Dollar after the end of the Second World War. In 1999, most of the European countries opted in favour of the Euro but despite major political parties favouring the new European currency, the country’s 2000 referendum voted against joining the Eurozone and as a result Denmark moved out of the Maastricht treaty in order to protect its own currency. The Krone is now pegged to the Euro via the European Union’s exchange rate mechanism, ERM II.
- The banknotes are issued in denominations of 50, 100, 200, 500 and 1000 Krone.
- Coins are issued in denominations of 25 and 50 øre, 1, 2, 5, 10 and 20 Krone.
- The front sides of Krone banknotes feature images of important people in Danish history while the back sides of the notes show images that are symbolic to Denmark.
Our most popular DKK Money Transfers
At FTT Global we accommodate international money transfers in over 30 different foreign currencies. The Danish Krone is one of our most popular currency exchanges with the following transfers accounting for many of these trades.
- Danish Krone to Pounds Sterling
- Danish Krone to USA Dollar
- Danish Krone to Euro
- Danish Krone to Japanese Yen
- Danish Krone to Thai Baht
- Danish Krone to Canadian Dollar
- Danish Krone to Singapore Dollar
- Danish Krone to New Zealand Dollar
- Danish Krone to Philippine Peso
- Danish Krone to Indian Rupees