When making your currency transfer, for example Australian Dollars to US Dollars, FTT Global offers a competitive exchange rate that is better than your bank’s rate. Plus, we offer a simple, speedy online service and our expert, friendly support team is here for you 24/7 should you need any help. Register with FTT today and convert or transfer your money immediately.
Sign $ / Code AUD
- Do you need to make or receive Australian dollar payments
- Want to transfer Australian dollars between accounts?
- We can help, and save you money.
About the Australian Dollar
The Australian dollar is the currency of the Commonwealth of Australia as well as Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands and Norfolk Island. The Pacific Island states of Kiribati, Nauru and Tuvalu also officially use the Australian Dollar.
When introduced on 14 February 1966, the Australian dollar replaced the Australian pound (long since distinct from the pound sterling), and introduced a decimal system.
In 1988, Australia introduced its first polymer bank note and in 1996 became the first country in the world to have a complete series of polymer notes. This technology was developed by Australia. Australia prints polymer notes for a number of other countries.
The Australian dollar is currently the third most traded currency in the world of foreign exchange markets.
- Within Australia the dollar is almost always abbreviated with an A$ or AU$.This is to distinguish it from other dollar-denominated currencies.
- Coins are issued in denominations of 5, 10, 20 and 50 cent and $1 and $2. Banknotes are issued in denominations of $5, $10, $20, $50 and $100.
Sending Money between GB and Australia
Our international money transfers are particularly popular for people with Australian bank accounts wishing to transfer money to an account in the UK (in GB Pounds Sterling). More information on sending money from Australia to the UK
Many residents and business professionals in the UK use our service to send money to an Australian friend, business or relative’s bank account. Our guaranteed GBP/AUD exchange rate and reliable service is what keeps our customers loyal using FTT Global to transfer their Pounds to Dollars for many years.
Our most popular AUD Money Transfers
At FTT Global we accommodate international money transfers in over 30 different foreign currencies. The Australian Dollar is one of our most popular currency exchanges with the following transfers accounting for many of these trades.
- Australian Dollar to Pounds Sterling
- Australian Dollar to USA Dollar
- Australian Dollar to Euro
- Australian Dollar to Japanese Yen
- Australian Dollar to Thai Baht
- Australian Dollar to Canadian Dollar
- Australian Dollar to Singapore Dollar
- Australian Dollar to New Zealand Dollar
- Australian Dollar to Philippine Peso
- Australian Dollar to Indian Rupees