Thailand is located in the heart of Southeast Asia, and is bordered by Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and the Andaman Sea.
Bangkok is the capital and largest city of Thailand and is known as the Venice of the East because of its 83 canals. As many of 10,000 boats full of fruits, vegetables and fish crowd the canals and create a floating market.
Thailand which means “land of the free” was known as Siam until 1939, is the only Southeast Asian country never to have been taken over by a European power. A revolution in 1932 led to a constitutional monarchy.
The official currency of Thailand is Thai Baht, also known as THB.
It’s easy to send money to Thailand!
Simply register online and follow our straightforward booking process. You will need to have the following details handy:
- Beneficiary name – Please enter the full beneficiary name to enable the bank to accept the payment. No nicknames.
- Bank name – Please enter the full name of financial institution
- Bank address – The address of the recipients bank
- Bank Account Number – The recipient’s bank account number
- Swift code – A Swift code consists of 8 or 11 characters, both numbers and letters.
- You may want to add a reference that is relevant to your payment.
If you need any assistance setting up the beneficiary account please feel free to call our customer support team on 020 3603 8940. Alternatively if it would be beneficial for you to email your beneficiary details to our payments team at [email protected] they will set them up for you and send you a confirmation email.
- In December 2004, the catastrophic Indian Ocean tsunami hit Thailand with disastrous effects, but the country’s economy has since largely recovered.
- Thailand has a population of around 67 million people and is one of the worlds most visited tourist destinations.
For more detailed information on the Thai Baht itself, please visit our currency page.
Do you need to transfer money to Thailand or make an international payment? FTT Global offers a simple, speedy, secure online service to help you transfer or send funds to Thailand. Our expert, friendly support team is here for you 24/7 should you have any questions or need any help.
How long do payments to Thailand take?
If we receive your funds before midday, FTT guarantee to send your funds the same day. Your funds should arrive in the beneficiary account within 3 working days.
Register now and book your international payment or money transfer to Thailand today!