South Africa is located at the southern tip of Africa and its neighboring territories include Namibia, Botswana and Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Swaziland. With its multi-ethnic nation and diverse cultures and languages, South Africa has eleven official languages recognised in the constitution.
The official currency of South Africa is the South African Rand, also known as ZAR.
It’s easy to send money to South Africa!
Simply register online and follow our straightforward booking process. You will need to have the following details handy:
- Beneficiary name – Please enter the full beneficiary name to enable the bank to accept the payment. No nicknames.
- Bank name – Please enter the full name of financial institution
- Bank Account Number – The recipient’s bank account number
- Swift code or South African Bank Code – A Swift code consists of 8 or 11 characters, both numbers and letters. Alternatively we can send the payment with the South African Bank Code combined with the account number.
- You may want to add a reference that is relevant to your payment
If you need any assistance setting up the beneficiary account please feel free to call our customer service team on 020 3603 8940. Alternatively if you prefer to email your beneficiary details to our payments team at [email protected] they will set them up for you and send you a confirmation email.
- It has the largest economy in Africa and the 28th-largest in the world.
- South Africa has a population of 48 million people.
- Three cities act as South Africa’s capital including Cape Town, Pretoria and Bloemfontein. Cape Town is the legislative capital, Pretoria administrative and Bloemfontein is the judicial capital of South Africa.
For more detailed information on the South African Rand itself, please visit our currency page.
Do you need to transfer money to South Africa or make an international payment?
FTT Global offers a simple, speedy, secure online service to help you transfer or send funds to the UK. Our expert, friendly support team is here for you 24/7 should you have any questions or need any help.
How long do payments to South Africa take?
If we receive your funds before midday, FTT guarantee to send your funds the same day. Your funds should arrive in the beneficiary account within 3 working days.
Register now and book your international payment or money transfer to South Africa today!