Singapore is located in South-East Asia and has a land area of around 710 square kilometres, making it one of the smallest countries in the world. It is bordered by Malaysia (Peninsular Malaysia to the North, Sabah and Sarawak to the East) and Indonesia to the South.
The British obtained sovereignty over the island in 1824 and was later occupied by the Japanese in World War II. Following this, Singapore declared independence uniting with other former British territories to form Malaysia in 1963, although just two years later it was separated from Malaysia.
Since its separation from Malaysia, Singapore has had a massive increase in wealth, and is the world’s fourth leading financial centre.
It’s easy to send money to Singapore!
Simply register online and follow our straight forward booking process. You will need to have the following details handy:
- Beneficiary name – Please enter the full beneficiary name to enable the bank to accept the payment. No nicknames.
- Bank name – Please enter the full name of financial institution.
- Account number – Bank Account Number – The recipient’s bank account number
- Swift code – The SWIFT is an international standard for identifying a bank and it is 8 or 11 characters long.
- You may want to add a reference that is relevant to your payment.
If you need any assistance setting up the beneficiary account please feel free to call our customer service team on 020 3603 8940. Alternatively if it would be beneficial for you to email your beneficiary details to our payments team at [email protected] they will set them up for you and send you a confirmation email.
- Consisting of only one main island, Singapore also contains over 60 smaller islands and the majority of which are uninhabited.
- Chinese make up more than 75% of the community, Malays and Indians make up much of the remainder.
The official currency of Singapore is the Singapore Dollar, also known as SGD.
Do you need to transfer money to Singapore or make an international payment?
FTT Global offers a simple, speedy, secure online service to help you transfer or send funds to Singapore. Our expert, friendly support team is here for you 24/7 should you have any questions or need any help.
How long do payments to Singapore take?
If we receive your funds before midday, FTT guarantee to send your funds the same day. Your funds should arrive in the beneficiary account within 3 working days.
Register now and book your international payment or money transfer to Singapore today!