Qatar is a sovereign Arab state which occupies a small peninsula extending into the Persian Gulf from the east side of the Arabian Peninsula. Saudi Arabia is to the west and the United Arab Emirates to the south. The capital of Qatar is Doha which is located on the coast of the Persian Gulf.
The official currency of Qatar is the Qatari Riyal, also known as QAR.
It’s easy to send money to Qatar!
Simply register online and follow our straightforward booking process. You will need to have the following details handy:
- Beneficiary name – Please enter the full beneficiary name to enable the bank to accept the payment. No nicknames.
- Bank name – Please enter the full name of financial institution
- Swift code – The SWIFT is an international standard for identifying a bank and it is 8 or 11 characters long.
- IBAN – IBAN is an international standard for identifying an account and it consists of up to 34 alphanumeric characters, it is an extension of your existing account number.
- You may want to add a reference that is relevant to your payment.
If you need any assistance setting up the beneficiary account please feel free to call our customer service team on 020 3603 8940. Alternatively if you prefer to email your beneficiary details to our payments team at [email protected] they will set them up for you and send you a confirmation email.
- The population of Qatar is around 1,951,591.
- With huge oil and gas resources, Qatar has emerged as one of the richest countries in the world.
- The official language of Qatar is Arabic, although English is a common second language.
For more detailed information on the Qatari Riyal itself, please visit our currency page.
Do you need to transfer money to Qatar or make an international payment?
FTT Global offers a simple, speedy, secure online service to help you transfer or send funds to the UK. Our expert, friendly support team is here for you 24/7 should you have any questions or need any help.
How long do payments to the Middle East take?
If we receive your funds before midday, FTT guarantee to send your funds the same day. Your funds should arrive in the beneficiary account within 3 working days.
Register now and book your international payment or money transfer to Middle East today!