The Philippines is located in South-East Asia between the South China Sea in the Western Pacific Ocean consisting of 7,107 islands. Offering a rich biodiversity with its tropical rainforests, mountains, beaches, coral reefs, islands, and diverse range of flora, the Philippines is one of the mega diverse countries in the world.
In 1521 the Philippines was claimed by Spain, but later in 1898 the island surrendered possession to the United States. Independence came in 1946, after the Japanese occupation ended and the Philippines was then the first South-East Asian country to gain independence after World War II.
It’s easy to send money to Philippines!
Simply register online and follow our straightforward booking process. You will need to have the following details handy:
- Beneficiary name – Please enter the full beneficiary name to enable the bank to accept the payment. No nicknames.
- Bank name – Please enter the full name of financial institution.
- Swift code – The SWIFT is an international standard for identifying a bank and it is 8 or 11 characters long.
- IBAN – IBAN is an international standard for identifying an account and it consists of up to 34 alphanumeric characters, it is an extension of your existing account number.
- You may want to add a reference that is relevant to your payment.
If you need any assistance setting up the beneficiary account please feel free to call our Customer Support Team on 020 3603 8940. Alternatively if it would be beneficial for you to email your beneficiary details to our Payments Team at firstname.lastname@example.org they will set them up for you and send you a confirmation email.
- The Philippines has a population of around 90,000,000 people. Its capital, Manila is one of the world’s most densely populated cities with 43,079 people per square kilometre.
- The official languages of the Philippines are Filipino (which is based on Tagalog) and English. However, more than 180 different languages and dialects are spoken in the Philippines.
Do you need to transfer money to the Philippines or make an international payment?
FTT Global offers a simple, speedy, secure online service to help you transfer or send funds to the Philippines. Our expert, friendly support team is here for you 24/7 should you have any questions or need any help.
How long do payments to the Philippines take?
If we receive your funds before midday, FTT will send your currency the same day which will credit the beneficiary account within two to three working days.