Hong Kong is situated on China’s south coast and is enclosed by the Pearl River Delta and South China Sea. Hong Kong consists of Hong Kong Island, Kowloon, the New Territories, and several other smaller islands.
After the victory over the Chinese in the 1842 Opium War, the British Empire took over Hong Kong and it later regained its independence in 1997 and although China controls Hong Kong’s foreign and defence policies, the territory has its own currency and customs status.
With a population of over seven million people, spread over just 415 square miles, Hong Kong is one of the world’s most densely populates areas.
It’s easy to send money to Hong Kong!
Simply register online and follow our straight forward booking process. You will need to have the following details handy:
- Beneficiary name – Please enter the full beneficiary name to enable the bank to accept the payment. No nicknames.
- Bank name – Please enter the full name of financial institution.
- Account number – Bank Account Number – The recipient’s bank account number
- Swift code – The SWIFT is an international standard for identifying a bank and it is 8 or 11 characters long.
- You may want to add a reference that is relevant to your payment.
If you need any assistance setting up the beneficiary account please feel free to call our customer service team on 020 3603 8940. Alternatively if it would be beneficial for you to email your beneficiary details to our payments team at [email protected] they will set them up for you and send you a confirmation email.
- Hong Kong’s official languages are Chinese (Spoken Cantonese) and English.
- Hong Kong has more skyscrapers than any other country in the world with 2,000 – almost double of second-place New York City.
The official currency of Hong Kong is the Hong Kong Dollar, also known as HKD.
Do you need to transfer money to Hong Kong or make an international payment?
FTT Global offers a simple, speedy, secure online service to help you transfer or send funds to Hong Kong. Our expert, friendly support team is here for you 24/7 should you have any questions or need any help.
How long do payments to Hong Kong take?
If we receive your funds before midday, FTT guarantee to send your funds the same day. Your funds should arrive in the beneficiary account within 3 working days.
Register now and book your international payment or money transfer to Hong Kong today!