Greece is part of South-East Europe with a population of around 11 million. Greece has a vast amount of islands including Crete, the Dodecanese, the Cyclades and the Ionian Islands. Its capital and largest city is Athens, with 40% of the population living there.
The official currency of Greece is the Euro, also known as EUR.
It’s easy to send money to Europe!
Simply register online and follow our straightforward booking process. You will need to have the following details handy:
- Beneficiary name – Please enter the full beneficiary name to enable the bank to accept the payment. No nicknames.
- Bank name – Please enter the full name of financial institution.
- Swift code – The SWIFT is an international standard for identifying a bank and it is 8 or 11 characters long.
- IBAN – IBAN is an international standard for identifying an account and it consists of up to 34 alphanumeric characters, it is an extension of your existing account number.
- You may want to add a reference that is relevant to your payment.
If you need any assistance setting up the beneficiary account please feel free to call our customer service team on 020 3603 8940. Alternatively if it would be beneficial for you to email your beneficiary details to our payments team at [email protected] they will set them up for you and send you a confirmation email.
- Greece is the birthplace of the Olympic Games which were first hosted in 776 B.C in Olympia.
- In late 2009 the Greek economy has been hit by a severe financial and economic crisis which has resulted in the Greek government requesting loans from EU institutions in sums of up to €240 billion and a substantial debt write-off.
- Greece has approximately 16.5 million tourists visits each year, more than the country’s entire population.
For more detailed information on the Euro itself, please visit our currency page.
Do you need to transfer money to Greece or make an international payment?
FTT Global offers a simple, speedy, secure online service to help you transfer or send funds to the UK. Our expert, friendly support team is here for you 24/7 should you have any questions or need any help.
How long do payments to Europe take?
If we receive your funds before midday, FTT guarantee a same day transfer. If your funds come in after midday the payment will be sent and should be received in the beneficiary account, by the following day.
Popular Money Transfers from Greece
FTT Global facilitate international money transfers in over 30 different foreign exchange currencies. The Euro (EUR), as traded in Greece, is one of our most popular exchanged currencies with the following transfers accounting for many of these trades.
- Euro to Australian Dollar
- Euro to USA Dollar
- Euro to Pound Sterling
- Euro to Japanese Yen
- Euro to Canadian Dollar
- Euro to Singapore Dollar
- Euro to New Zealand Dollar
- Euro to Indian Rupees
- Euro to Bahraini Dinar
- Euro to Hong Kong Dollar
These are just some of the most popular trades. If your currency exchange is NOT listed above, then please use the rate checker tool on the home page to get the best online rates available today
Register now and book your international payment or money transfer to Europe today!