Dubai is an emirate within the United Arab Emirates located south east of the Persian Gulf on the Arabian Peninsula. It is the largest emirate based on population of the United Arab Emirates. It is the second largest emirate based on land area, Abu Dhabi being the largest.
The official currency of Dubai is the UAE Dirham, also known as AED.
It’s easy to send money to the Middle East!
Simply register online and follow our straightforward booking process. You will need to have the following details handy:
- Beneficiary name – Please enter the full beneficiary name to enable the bank to accept the payment. No nicknames.
- Bank name – Please enter the full name of financial institution
- Swift code – The SWIFT is an international standard for identifying a bank and it is 8 or 11 characters long.
- IBAN – IBAN is an international standard for identifying an account and it consists of up to 34 alphanumeric characters, it is an extension of your existing account number.
- You may want to add a reference that is relevant to your payment.
If you need any assistance setting up the beneficiary account please feel free to call our customer service team on 020 3603 8940. Alternatively if you prefer to email your beneficiary details to our payments team at [email protected] they will set them up for you and send you a confirmation email.
- As of 2012, Dubai is the 22nd most expensive city in the world (surpassing London).It is the most expensive and has been rated as the best place to live in the Middle East.
- The population in Dubai has doubled since 1995 when the population of the city stood just under 700,000 it now has a population of around 1.4 million.
- The official language of Dubai is Arabic. English is widely understood and ranks alongside Arabic as the language of commerce.
For more detailed information on the UAE Dirham itself, please visit our currency page.
Do you need to transfer money to Dubai or make an international payment?
FTT Global offers a simple, speedy, secure online service to help you transfer or send funds to the UK. Our expert, friendly support team is here for you 24/7 should you have any questions or need any help.
How long do payments to Dubai take?
If we receive your funds before midday, FTT guarantee to send your funds the same day. Your funds should arrive in the beneficiary account within 3 working days.