Denmark, officially known as the Kingdom of Denmark is a sovereign state located in Northern Europe. Denmark consists of 443 named islands, 72 of which are inhabited with the largest being Zealand and Funen.
Denmark has a large welfare state and has a highly developed mixed market economy. Ranking as having the world’s highest level of income equality, Denmark has one of the world’s highest per capita income and is frequently ranked as the least corrupt and happiest country in the world.
The official currency of Denmark is the Danish Krone, also known as DKK.
It’s easy to send money to Denmark!
Simply register online and follow our straightforward booking process. You will need to have the following details handy:
- Beneficiary name – Please enter the full beneficiary name to enable the bank to accept the payment. No nicknames.
- Bank name – Please enter the full name of financial institution.
- Swift code – The SWIFT is an international standard for identifying a bank and it is 8 or 11 characters long.
- IBAN – IBAN is an international standard for identifying an account and it consists of up to 34 alphanumeric characters, it is an extension of your existing account number.
- You may want to add a reference that is relevant to your payment.
If you need any assistance setting up the beneficiary account please feel free to call our customer service team on 020 3603 8940. Alternatively if it would be beneficial for you to email your beneficiary details to our payments team.
- Denmark has a population of over 5 million people and its capital is Copenhagen.
- The word ‘Denmark’ dates back to the Viking age.
For more detailed information on the Danish Krone itself, please visit our currency page.
Do you need to transfer money to Denmark or make an international payment?
FTT Global offers a simple, speedy, secure online service to help you transfer or send funds to Denmark. Our expert, friendly support team is here for you 24/7 should you have any questions or need any help.
How long do payments to Denmark take?
If we receive your funds before midday, FTT guarantee to send your funds the same day. Your funds should arrive in the beneficiary account within 3 working days.