The Czech Republic is bordered by Poland, Germany, Austria and Slovakia in central Europe. It is almost entirely surrounded by mountains which mark a natural border with Germany and Poland. The capital and largest city of the Czech Republic with a population of 1.3 million is Prague.
The official currency of The Czech Republic is the Czech Koruna, also known as CZK.
It’s easy to send money to the Czech Republic!
Simply register online and follow our straightforward booking process. You will need to have the following details handy:
- Beneficiary name – Please enter the full beneficiary name to enable the bank to accept the payment. No nicknames.
- Bank name – Please enter the full name of financial institution
- Swift code – The SWIFT is an international standard for identifying a bank and it is 8 or 11 characters long.
- IBAN or Account Number – IBAN is an international standard for identifying an account and it consists of up to 34 alphanumeric characters, it is an extension of your existing account number. Or we can combine the recipient’s bank account number with the Swift code.
- You may want to add a reference that is relevant to your payment.
If you need any assistance setting up the beneficiary account please feel free to call our Customer Service Team on 020 3603 8940. Alternatively if you prefer to email your beneficiary details to our Payments Team.
- The Czech Republic is the second richest Eastern European country after Slovenia.
- The population of the Czech Republic is around 10.5 million and its capital: Prague has a population of 1.2 million.
- In 2002 a large part of the country including the capital city of Prague, was struck by a large flood taking people’s lives and causing damage totaling more than a hundred billion crowns.
For more detailed information on the Czech Koruna itself, please visit our currency page.
Do you need to transfer money to the Czech Republic or make an international payment?
FTT Global offers a simple, speedy, secure online service to help you transfer or send funds to the UK. Our expert, friendly support team is here for you 24/7 should you have any questions or need any help.
How long do payments to the Czech Republic take?
If we receive your funds before midday, FTT guarantee to send your funds the same day. Your funds should arrive in the beneficiary account within 3 working days.