Cyprus is the third largest island in the Mediterranean Sea after the Italian islands of Sicily and Sardinia. The Republic of Cyprus joined the European Union on 1 May 2004.
The official currency of Cyprus is the Euro, also known as EUR.
It’s easy to send money to Europe!
Simply register online and follow our straightforward booking process. You will need to have the following details handy:
- Beneficiary name – Please enter the full beneficiary name to enable the bank to accept the payment. No nicknames.
- Bank name – Please enter the full name of financial institution.
- Swift code – The SWIFT is an international standard for identifying a bank and it is 8 or 11 characters long.
- IBAN – IBAN is an international standard for identifying an account and it consists of up to 34 alphanumeric characters, it is an extension of your existing account number.
- You may want to add a reference that is relevant to your payment.
If you need any assistance setting up the beneficiary account please feel free to call our customer service team on 020 3603 8940.
- The Republic of Cyprus joined the Eurozone on 1 January 2008.
- Cyprus is one of the most popular tourist destinations and is the third most populous island in the Mediterranean Sea.
- The United Kingdom still retains control over 3 per cent of the island’s land and sea territories.
For more detailed information on the Euro itself, please visit our currency page.
Do you need to transfer money to Cyprus or make an international payment?
FTT Global offers a simple, speedy, secure online service to help you transfer or send funds to the UK. Our expert, friendly support team is here for you 24/7 should you have any questions or need any help.
How long do payments to Europe take?
If we receive your funds before midday, FTT guarantee a same day transfer. If your funds come in after midday the payment will be sent and should be received in the beneficiary account, by the following day.
Popular Currency Exchanges to & from Cyprus
FTT Global facilitate international money transfers in over 30 different foreign exchange currencies. The Euro (EUR), as traded in Cyprus, is one of our most popular currency exchanges with the following transfers accounting for many of these trades.
- Euro to Australian Dollar
- Euro to USA Dollar
- Euro to Pound Sterling
- Euro to Japanese Yen
- Euro to Canadian Dollar
- Euro to Singapore Dollar
- Euro to New Zealand Dollar
- Euro to Indian Rupees
- Euro to Hong Kong Dollar
These are just some of the most popular trades. If your currency exchange is NOT listed above, then please use the rate checker tool on the home page to get the best online rates available today