As a North American country, Canada is located in the northern part of the continent and extends from the Atlantic to the Pacific, and northward into the Arctic Ocean. Canada’s largest city is Toronto followed by Montreal, Vancouver, Ottawa-Hull, and Edmonton.The official currency of Canada is the Canadian Dollar, also known as CAD.
It’s easy to send money to Canada!
Simply register online and follow our straightforward booking process. You will need to have the following details handy:
- Beneficiary name – Please enter the full beneficiary name to enable the bank to accept the payment. No nicknames.
- Bank name – Please enter the full name of financial institution
- Bank Account Number – The recipient’s bank account number
- Swift code or Canadian Payments Routing Number – A Swift code consists of 8 or 11 characters, both numbers and letters. Alternatively we can send the payment with the Canadian Payments Routing Number combined with the account number.
- Canadian Transit Number – Canadian transit numbers are regulated by the Canadian Payments Association.
- You may want to add a reference that is relevant to your payment.
If you need any assistance setting up the beneficiary account please feel free to call our customer service team on 020 3603 8940. Alternatively if it would be beneficial for you to email your beneficiary details to our payments team and they will set them up for you and send you a confirmation email.
- Canada has the longest coastline of any country in the world at 151,600 miles
- Ottawa, in Ontario, is the capital of Canada which has a population of 883,391people. It has the coldest average temperature of any capital city in the world.
- Canada is the second largest country in the world, behind Russia.
For more detailed information on the Canadian Dollar itself, please visit our currency page.
Do you need to transfer money to Canada or make an international payment?
FTT Global offers a simple, speedy, secure online service to help you transfer or send funds to the UK. Our expert, friendly support team is here for you 24/7 should you have any questions or need any help.
How long do payments to Canada take?
If we receive your funds before midday, FTT guarantee a same day transfer. If your funds come in after midday the payment will be sent and should be received in the beneficiary account, by the following day.