Australia is the biggest island and smallest continent in the world and comprises the mainland of the Australian continent, the island of Tasmania, Melville Island, Kangaroo Island, Groote Eylandt, Bathurst Island, Fraser Island, Flinders Island, King Island, and Morning ton Island. It is the world’s sixth largest country by total area. Sydney and Melbourne are the largest cities in Australia.
The official currency of Australia is the Australian Dollar, also known as AUD.
It’s easy to send money to Australia!
Simply register online and follow our straightforward booking process. You will need to have the following details handy:
- Beneficiary name – Please enter the full beneficiary name to enable the bank to accept the payment. No nicknames.
- Bank name – Please enter the full name of financial institution
- Bank address – The address of the recipients bank
- Bank Account Number – The recipient’s bank account number
- Australian bank branch code or Swift code – The Australian bank branch code is a six digit numerical code used to identify an individual branch of a financial institution in Australia. A Swift code consists of 8 or 11 characters, both numbers and letters.
- You may want to add a reference that is relevant to your payment.
If you need any assistance setting up the beneficiary account please feel free to call our Customer Support Team on 020 3603 8940. Alternatively if it would be beneficial for you to email your beneficiary details to our Payments Team at [email protected] they will set them up for you and send you a confirmation email.
- Since 1945, more than 6.5 million migrants have settled in Australia.
- Australia is the driest inhabited and lowest continent on earth, the driest is Antarctica.
- Australia has a population of over 22 million people. The most populous states are New South Wales with a population of over 7 million people and Victoria with a population of over 5 million people.
For more detailed information on the Australian Dollar itself, please visit our currency page.
Do you need to transfer money to Australia or make an international payment? FTT Global offers a simple, speedy, secure online service to help you transfer or send funds to the UK. Our expert, friendly support team is here for you 24/7 should you have any questions or need any help.
How long do payments to Australia take?
If we receive your funds before midday, FTT guarantee to send your funds the same day. Your funds should arrive in the beneficiary account within 3 working days.
Sending Money between the UK and Australia
Our trusted money transfers are particularly popular for residents with Australian bank accounts looking to send money to a UK account in from Australian Dollars to GB Pounds Sterling
Many residents and business professionals in the UK use our service to send money to an Australian friend, business or relative’s bank account. Our guaranteed GBP/AUD exchange rate and reliable service is what keeps our customers loyal using FTT Global to regularly send money to an Australian account.
Register now and book your international payment or money transfer to Australia today!
Popular Money Transfers from Australia
At FTT Global we accommodate international money transfers in over 30 different foreign currencies. The Australian Dollar is one of our most popular currency exchanges with the following transfers accounting for many of these trades.
- Australian Dollar to Pounds Sterling
- Australian Dollar to USA Dollar
- Australian Dollar to Euro
- Australian Dollar to Japanese Yen
- Australian Dollar to Thai Baht
- Australian Dollar to Canadian Dollar
- Australian Dollar to Singapore Dollar
- Australian Dollar to New Zealand Dollar
- Australian Dollar to Philippine Peso
- Australian Dollar to Indian Rupees